Browse the Constitution Annotated
The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.
- Amdt11.1 Eleventh Amendment: Doctrine and Practice
- Amdt11.1.1 Eleventh Amendment: Early Doctrine
- Amdt11.1.2 Eleventh Amendment: Postbellum Doctrine
- Amdt11.1.3 Eleventh Amendment: Current Doctrine
- Amdt188.8.131.52 General Scope of State Sovereign Immunity
- Amdt184.108.40.206 Exceptions to Eleventh Amendment Immunity